Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Our guest bathroom was completely uninspiring. When we moved into our condo we knew that it needed a fresh coat of paint and some quick updates...STAT. I wish I had thought about documenting the "before" better, but you get the idea...
That lovely shower curtain quickly became a drop-cloth for painting projects. At one point some paint bled through it to our floors and I decided the curtain was ugly and worthless. So much for that.
I told Mr. Fix-it that I wanted a "Greek Bathroom". He agreed as long as that meant I wasn't going authentic on the toilet, he was for it.
- First, I painted the entire bathroom a rich blue.
- We replaced the shower curtain and hung floating shelves above the toilet.
- I removed the existing mirror and replaced it with one that I found at Home Goods for $19. It was originally silver, so it was spray painted white.
- Once the mirror was complete I hung it in the bathroom. That night it fell and crashed into the sink. Mr. Fix-It leaped out of bed ready to attack, only to realize he should have been consulted on the mirror hanging.
- Re-purchase, re-paint, and (properly) re-hang mirror. Check!
Part of the inspiration for the Greek Bathroom was an oil painting of the acropolis that I'd had for years. Before we moved I decided it was time to get it properly framed so we could use it in our new home.
Over $300 in framing costs later, let's call it themostamazinginspirationEVER.
Have you ever redecorated a bathroom? What was your inspiration?
A Therapist and an Engineer take on Marriage, Home Ownership, and Parenthood. One project at a time.
30 before 30 30 day photography challenge accessories announcement art babies baby baby names baby products baby registry baby shower backsplash bathroom beauty before and after birth story blog sale career carerra marble tile christmas closet cloth diapers clothes cooking currently loving decor dining room diy doorknobs energy entryway equality family fashion fertility five on a friday fix its rewind food football gallery wall gifts giveaway greece guest post happenings via iphone pics holiday Home Home Ownership honeymoon hospital bag infertility inspiration invitations kitchen life living room love marriage miscellaneous monday miscellany Napa northwestern nursery nursery inspiration paint photography pinterest pregnancy pregnancy week by week products psychology quick fix random recap renovation reverb10 San Francisco sewing technology thanksgiving therapy travel vacation wedding weddingbee post weekend-killer year in photos yoga
- ► 2012 (83)
- ▼ September (13)